Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Top Hat

My first attempt at the surprise pattern didn't work very well. It was supposed to be a penguin with a top hat, but the penguin ended up all squashed and mangled. I'll try again, but not until I finish the many other projects that I have on my to-do list. 


However, I will post the pattern and tutorial for the top hat, which did turn out nicely. 

Top Hat 


A cute accessory for any of you home-made or store-bought softies and stuffed animals! 








Step 1: Cut out your pattern pieces. There should be three pieces
(The three pattern pieces are located on page two of the Penguin & Top Hat pattern) 
*Piece 3 of the hat pattern is too long, cut a half inch off before starting* 

 Step 2: Pin the two ling ends of piece three together and stitch them together


Step 3: Stitch the smaller circle to one of the ends of the cylinder


Step 4: Stitch the bigger circle to the opposite side of the cylinder

Step 5: Out of the bigger circle, cut a hole where the cylinder is attached. This is going to make it easier to "wear". Be careful not to hut over the stitches though! 

You're finished! 


No comments:

Post a Comment